In this period, that is so hot and you are in doubt what to prepare for you and your family, the following recipe will help you a lot. All the ingredients are very healthy and very easy to be processed in your body, thus the thing you will make may become your favorite one. You just need to follow the instructions and you will make no mistake.
Get the ingredients in the text bellow:
You need to get 5 large peaches. When it comes to stuffing:
- 10 dried apricot halves, finely chopped
- 6 packaged amaretti cookies, crumbled
- 2 tsp (10 mL) almond extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brandy
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄3 cup (75 mL) chopped, blanched almonds
- 1⁄4 cup (50 mL) packed light brown sugar.
In order to serve it perfectly, we will give you the following advice: you may choose between light sour cream and vanilla ice cream.
The procedure is the next one:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Half-fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cut 4 of the peaches in half (do not peel) and remove the pits. Slide the peaches into the boiling water and cook just until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Place the peaches cut side up in a shallow baking dish.
- To make the filling, peel, pit and finely chop the remaining peach and place in a medium bowl. Add the dried apricots, amaretti crumbs, almond extract, brandy and egg white. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat a small skillet over high heat for 1 minute, add the almonds, then turn and toss them until golden and lightly toasted. Add the almonds to the fruit mixture and toss.
- Spoon the filling into the cavities of each peach half, heaping up the filling and pressing it together gently. Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake the peaches until tender, about 25 minutes. Remove the foil, increase the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C), and bake until the topping is golden brown, 5 minutes more. Serve warm with a scoop of light sour cream or ice cream, if desired.
preparation time 30 minutes
cooking time about 35 minutes
serves 8 (half a peach each)
Each serving provides: calories 174, calories from fat 45, fat 5 g, saturated fat 1 g, cholesterol 4 mg, carbohydrate 30 g, fibre 3 g, sugars 21 g, protein 3 g.
Choices per serving: Carbohydrate 2, Fat 1